Tuesday, April 14, 2015

A Very Gay Day

Sunday was one of the gayest days I have ever had.

I got up and met the Chef for coffee.  I had not heard from him in weeks and he texted me on Saturday.  He said he needed someone to talk to and asked if I could meet him for coffee.  Our last conversation did not leave us on the best of terms, so I asked what he wanted to talk about.    "I am having some family drama." was his reply.


I agreed to meet him at a Starbucks about half way between his house and mine.  After some small talk, he started to tell me about his drama.  Apparently his adult daughter's mother (his first ex-wife) has a new boyfriend and that is causing friction between them.  He explained the whole story and I listened patiently, sometimes asking questions.  When he was done, he asked me for my advice.  What did I think he should do?

Well I told him what I thought I would do in that situation.  We talked for a while longer, and then we said our good byes.



After that I was off to my gay kickball league.  We has a game scheduled at 1:15.  The other team was bunch of guys who always wear wigs during the game.  Some of the wigs are costume type wigs.  Bright colors and some that obviously looked like yarn rather than hair. Others looked natural and until they took them off after the game, I might not have known they were wigs.  

My team is not as crazy and we don't do crazy costumes.  But my team is REALLY gay.  Everyone is gay and everyone is very open about it.  Even though I am more reserved myself, I feel very comfortable with the group.  

In the end, we lost to the guys wearing wigs.



After that, I was off to T's sister's house.  Last Friday was T's birthday and his sister had moved into her own house.  So it was kind of like a double party.  T and his whole family were there.  The food was excellent (as it always is) and I got to see some of his family that I do not see as much as I used to.  Best of all I got to see T.  We did not have a chance to spend a lot of time together, because he was busy entertaining his other guests.  I understand that, I was just happy to see him. 

So it was a big gay day.  It was a lot of fun and I got to see my love, even if it was just watching him be a good host.  

I need to meet up with him this week and take him out to a nice dinner for his birthday.

No comments: